I’m Lynn Moore, and in a Nutshell, I am a blend of opposites, such as….
- Serious with a self-depricating, quirky sense of humour
- Independent with a love to interact
- Feminine with a higher left brain (masculine energy) score
- A petite body with a tall intellect
- Contented with a driving passion to learn
- A skilled coach and intuitive mentor
- Intensely loyal and tenacious
I was NIKE before NIKE was NIKE.
I was just doing it before Nike told us to ‘Just Do It’.
That caused me to ask, “Well, doesn’t everybody Just Do It?’ Apparently not. I learned that what came very naturally to me didn’t for many others, caused them to cope in a different way and it had a name: procrastination. For me, procrastination was very uncomfortable, very stressful and I just had to do whatever I needed to do to get rid of that feeling. Besides, life turned out much better when I ‘just did it’.
I think this ‘talent’ with which I was born has saved my life over and over again. When I say ‘saved my life’ I mean not just from death, but from living in the misery of deep depression, the temptation to just give up when the going got really hard, and to succumb to an endless list of traumatic rejection and abandonment that planted in my sub-conscious mind the message that I was unloveable.
I’ve come to know that all these experiences were meant to be in order for me to evolve my soul in this lifetime. And that I needed the Just Do It strength to bring me through. I’ve also had many wonderful life passages, experienced giving and receiving love, success (as we define it on this planet), fun, deep friendships, wisdom, good health, and living in the freedoms of the developed world. So much for which to be extremely grateful.
In 1997, with the guidance of some loving and very wise individuals, I was able to bring to the surface and put words to my Gift, my purpose for being here:
Lynn Moore Leads People to Discover Their True Value
A life ‘gift’ or ‘purpose’ is always the giving of a part of oneself to uplift and inspire others. And without being conscious of it, we often are doing so in any number of ways, especially evident in the manner we ‘play’ as children. Once we become conscious of our Gift it is then that we can soar with it!
Where I excel:
- Being disciplined, dutiful and useful.
- Maintaining and developing structure.
- I am true to myself, always. It is the source of my integrity.
- I am on a mission to master my impulses, and usually can, at least more than most.
- Having personal integrity is a priority for me.
- I am a clear and concise thinker.
- I have a talent for improving things.
- I value, and work to maintain, traditions.
- I prefer routine and a more predictable way of life, which is a recipe for a rock solid reliable person. People can count on me.
- I am frugal and good with money.
And this is what has led me to become a Mentoring Coach!
A Little of My Life Story….
Luckily the mouthy part was quelled by my parents in short shrift, but now and again I do slip. The independence converted into entrepreneurialism and the stubbornness fortunately morphed into tenacity. Even though I always longed to be elegant, I remained cute, just like our Smart Car, as it seems anything small is labeled ‘cute’. My husband, a heavy duty mechanic, does not find it amusing that he drives a car everyone calls ‘cute’.
As for the ‘smart’ aspect of my abilities, this was replaced with intelligence minus the understanding of mathematics beyond the simple basics.
- read, write and spell like the dickens
- solve problems (not mathematical)
- locate bottom lines with the speed of light
- dance ballet
- figure skate
- tie myself in yoga knots
- make clothes
- refinish old furniture to like-new condition
- knit sweaters and socks
- cook and bake scrumptious food
- create businesses that succeed
- never allowing grass to grow between my toes, I was always on the go, always mastering something new and learning, learning, learning so I could teach, teach, teach. Everything I learned, I taught.
In the days of my youth, to about age 35, I tended to be serious with a ‘git ‘er done’, ‘git ‘er done right’ and ‘git ‘er done now’ inflexibility. Although some of this remains, today I am
- more analytical
- more heart centred
- more spiritual
- with a well developed sense of humour but still with a stuck accelerator driving me to learn and teach
- always with goals beckoning me forward. Without goals I don’t have a life.
There are many decades beneath Lynn Moore’s wheels that have included years and years of studying the masters, experienced the elation of bringing three human beings into the world plus many incredibly loving relationships. I’ve also suffered the agonies of abandonment, rejection, depression, poverty, divorce and abuse. All have provided the seeds from which wisdom grows. It is said we do our greatest growth when we are way out of our comfort zone!
My philosophy of life has become “to create value in all things” and thus I know a peace that nothing I have done was in vain. I regret none of my choices as they were based on my instinct and intuition and they came from Divine Source. Most of my choices have resulted in happiness and success, and I could look at some outcomes as failures, but instead I choose to find their value, not only for me but for all involved.
It is through all my relationships, profoundly deep relationships as well as casual relationships that most of my life learning has come. My reason for being is to lovingly mentor people to discover their true value. This is fuelled by my life Passion which is to learn, so that I may teach, so that I may learn anew. In total all of the above has steered me into my latest passion which, based on the principles of Inspirational Goaling, is to look into the plight of those who have experienced very successful career lives, but whose personal lives are suffering. This has culminated in the birth of Life At Home Goaling.com
My volunteer mission to Nepal while in my 60’s was how I found many of my own answers and realized I was able to lead other people like me to find their own spirit of purpose and how to manifest it. Following the experience in Nepal, the Inspirational Goaling program was downloaded into my psyche almost faster than I could write it down! And thus, a book by the same name was written.
This new and more feminine energy, predominantly right-brained and spirit-driven method of discovery and manifestation of goals is innovative and greatly differs from what we have been previously taught. By coaching and mentoring the people for whom it was created, Inspirational Goaling fulfills my spirit purpose as I guide them to theirs.
For more on Inspirational Goaling, you can find out here